I cut a hole between bulkhead 2 and 3 as there was a lot of water in this compartment every time I did not cover the boat properly. Sure enough there were some water inside the compartment.The water was pumped out and the compartment left to dry. It was then easily sealed off again using epoxy and 300 gm CSM.
A piece of 6 mm ply was then prepared. the rough shape with an allowance of about 3 inches on either side was then cut.
The side of the hull had to be trimmed and 2 by 1 wood had to be trimmed and slotted in. On the side of the hull a triangular shaped piece of wood had to be glassed to the hull. This will support the deck and make it more solid.
At this time of the year it can be very hot in the afternoons. I had to jury rig a shade to provide some comfort while working on the boat. With these garden orchid shade it becomes manageable to work in the afternoons.